Ok so I'm sorry it has been SO SO SO long since I've made an entry. So much to remember and cover.
Thanksgiving Feast~
we went to Price for a early thanksgiving feast. On the way the morning had been a bit crazy and the kids were doing MARVELOUS so for a special treat we went to McDonalds for lunch on the way out of town. And thus begins our ADVENTURE... BEAU got lost. For those of you who do not know beau (pronounced bow) he is Michaella's pink pig my mom got when she was less than a month old, from Khols cares for kids ( our first adventure out while the boys were in conference) she has slept with this Sandra Boynton pig holding the tail and sucking her thumb ever since. SHE WOULDN'T SLEEP WITHOUT HIM!!!! Until.... he fell out of the car unnoticed. When we hit Spamish Fork she was getting tired and we couldn't find him so we called my dad ( who stayed home with six 3 day old puppies) to see if he could go to the McDolalds to see if he was still here in the parking lot or drive through. needless to say not there. He was gone FOREVER!!
She and I were both devastated. that night she only slept 2 hours in my arms after crying the whole time. We stayed at my cousins house, they have a little boy Max's age. I didn't see Max the whole time we were there except for meal and bed times. That next day before Turkey Dinner we went up Hunington canyon to cut down our beautiful Christmas Tree. this begins our next ADVENTURE. We drove to the ranger station parked our car and piled into my Brothers Truck and started up the dirt road. We drove for at least an hour and the road was getting VERY VERY narrow and we found a widening in the road. We backed up the truck onto the side of the mountain, and began our hike to find our Christmas tree's ( my mom and brother were there also ) We searched for about 45 minutes and couldn't find one I really liked so we settled for a Charlie Brown Tree we cut them down threw them in the back of the truck and started to get ready to head down. By this time the kids were getting tired and the babies were hungry. Mark ( my brother) went to start the truck and ... THE KEYS WERE GONE!!! We searched for over an hour and we were all Praying like never before. I got into the truck to feed the babies and burst into prayer and tears. They were holding a family prayer and everybody was crying. It was cold, not cold it was FREEZING . Anyways we never found the keys so my mom and I got the babies into the Baby Bjorns ( thank goodness I brought them) put them under our sweat shirts, Mike firefighter carried Michaella and Mark carried Max ( which both of them fell asleep to the point of drooling) and we started down the trail. We knew we wouldn't have to many problems because we had an extra car and weren't in complete no where's -vill. ANYWAYS~ we got to the car, Mark met my dad in Spanish Fork with the spares ( he got back just in time for dinner) chowed down and then my cousin took Mike and Mark back to the truck. By the time they got back it was 9 pm so we stayed another night thank goodness Renee and JD were kind and Mikie and Jonny were so selfless and let us take their rooms for another night. Yes another night with out Beau it wasn't as bad but close. We had a very full day of exercise. A 3 mile hike down the side of a mountain when we got back the kids went totally crazy playing. OH by the way when we got to Price we had a MAJOR poop out compliments of Rusty and I didn't bring enough extra out fits so he got a new one. That was our fun filled weekend. I am actually very grateful for our experience, we had a good time the hike wasn't that bad either. not very cold once we got walking. It took about 2 hours to walk back down , I had to walk very slow due to uneven roads and still recovering from surgery (my incision was extremely tender after this, I haven't really exercised before this). We had a good talk with my brother and mom. It was fun, we learned a lot about each other in this situation.
Blessing Our Babies~
On December 7th we blessed our beautiful babies. It was wonderful, Mike did such a great job. It was totally beautiful. We had some family and friends over for sop and breadsticks after. If you are reading this and didn't get invited please don't feel bad. We really didn't want to invite a lot of people because we are very cautious of who comes into our house because of all the germs and Abbey already being in the hospital and Max and Michaella getting RSV last year.
Mike's BIG DAY!!!
Mike turned 28 this year! For his gift from his siblings they gave US a gift. Todd and Missy, Jake and Jill gave him dinner and a movie. Then Todd and Missy watched the kids ALL 4 of them while we went to see the new James Bond. It was SO nice. It was also the day of Brother Whirthlin's funeral so Mike got off early. So he watched the kids while I was able to get all pretty for him. IT WAS AWESOME !!!
Oh P.S. we didn't even use the Tree that we cut down in the canyon. My Mom and Mark on the way home went through Scolfield and got new trees.
ummm I think that is pretty much what has happened this past month. Hopefully I can do a better job this coming year and few weeks on posting more often.
To all of our Family and Friends:
We hope you to have a wonderful holiday season and please remember the reason we are having this season. Remember Christ this season and lets keep this Christmas about giving and not receiving. Lets try to find somebody we can help in any way we can. We are very grateful for all of you. Hey you read our blog and show that you care and our interested in our lives. I love to look at the Tallie that shows me who looks at our blog.
I am VERY grateful to Mike for everything he does for me. My kids drive me crazy at times but I love them very much and I would be totally lost without them.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
wow, i just realized that you tagged me back in OCTOBER!! That is how behind I am on checking people's blogs!! sorry. i'll get on that sometime soon.
And sorry we missed the blessing. We wish we could have been there.
Very crazy! I'm glad all was well. Did you ever find the pig or is all well with that now too?
Post a Comment