Thursday, November 13, 2008

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

Since my last post from about a month ago a lot has happened. First, I am REALLY trying to post sooner it usually takes me at least a week to make one post.

Ok so here we go.....
Halloween was so much fun, we did however have an exciting experiance with Max's costume. We bought him a Dinosaur outfit from Costco in September. It was SOOO cute it had a puffy tummy and a tail I totally loved it. He had to wear his costume to school the day before Halloween. We kept the costume hidden until Halloween so he wouldn't play with it and ruin it. So Wednesday night I get it out of the closet to try it on him ( the size was 2-4 yrs.) to see if I needed to hem or tack up the legs, I put it on zipped it up and as I was putting the head/hat on and he started screaming. I thought it was just because he didn't like the hat on for some silly reason, so I kept putting it on, he kept screaming. I thought he was just being a pain, I took him into the bathroom so he could he see the costume and he still freeked. It wasn't until I took it off him and calmed him down and he finally told me it was hurrting him ( he never mentioned this before ) the legs were 3 inches to short and when the hood was on it was cutting the poor boy in half. I felt SO bad, so Max and I went to Wal-Mart at 8:00pm to find a costume... NOTHING! We went across the street to K-Mart...NOTHING for little boys. I needed to take MAx home so Mike could put him to bed while I went to Target. BINGO they had 2 Isles both side full of all their stock of costumes. It was really hard to find a costume for him most of them were way to old for him and scary. Until I found a Mater costume the problem was that it was size 6-7. I looked at it and didn't even take off the rack I was really starting to get bummed and severly depressed. I was talking to my mom at the same time telling her about Mater while I heard a person behind me say "She said Mater, find it and run!" What the crap... grow the freak up lady. What kind of example are you! So me being the very mature person that I am... I grabbed it and ran. Come to find out it was on the wrong hanger and was the right size for MAX YEAH !!! I got him a brown sweat pants and jacket and an orange and brown stripped shirt that helped him look rusty. He loved it. Michaella was the worlds cutest Utah cheerleader, oh my heart melted. Abbey and Rusty were Orange pumpkins and had Bat hats.
So that was Halloween
Our ward had our annual Chili cook-off. We made our new family recipe for award winning chili. That's right AWARD WINNING we took 2nd place. The first place winner deserved it, it had really expensive sausage in it. But still we did awesome!
We had a nice visitor come to see us, my Dad's friend Southen. Well his name is really Dave Gibbons, but he's from the South and we've always called him Southern. He worked with my Dad at the Airport. I was ELATED!!! I love Southern.
Then for the Most Exciting News was..... We had to take Abbey to the Hospital. She had diarrhea and vomiting and a fever of 102. We took her to Primary Childrens and were put through the ringer. They drew blood and a lot of it. They did a CBC ( complete blood count), BMP ( Basic Metabolic Panal ) and Blood cultures to check if she was septic ( infection inher blood) a Urine Analysis and my personal favorite a LP or Lumbar Puncture ( Spinal Tap) come on in my 2 month old. The night before ( Friday the 7th) I didn't get more than 2 hours of sleep because I was SOOO cold. On Saturday, we had the chili cook off and a friends bridal shower. That day as well as friday I noticed that Abbey was not herself. All she wanted was to be held and sleep. She was eating ok, just lethargic. All day I couldn't find the thermometer, finally after the cook-off Mike found it, I took her temp and it was 102. I called the Dr. to get the dosage for her weight and he told me to go straight to the hospital, so at 9pm out the door we went. We were admitted to the ED ( emergency department) immediately. I was having a hard time keeping things together because of the lack of sleep. My mom was working as well ( she's a nurse at PCMC ) she was able to come down for a few minutes. At the perfect time I might add, just as they were catheritizing Abbey for a urins sample, Abbey was looking up at me crying and I just new she was just asking me to stop the pain, I was crying a little myself until I saw my moms face at that point I was so relieved and exaugsted I lost it. They did the LP next and my mom and I went on a walk ( I emotionally couldn't ne there ). My mom only had one patient so she was able to get off early. Thank goodness. So at 3 am we were admitted to the Infant Unit. The Spinal Tap came back positive for Enterovirus Meningitis. She got Miningitis from a stomach bug ( the diarrhea and Vomiting). In babies under the age of 90 days the blood brain blocker ( meningies in your neck and base of your brain) are very underdeveloped, like a tube of toothpaste. In an adult the cap is screwed on tightly, so when you squeeze it nothing comes out, but in a newborn the cap on the toothpaste isn't screwed on thightly so when you squeeze it toothpaste leaks out. Meaning the infection was spread into her spine. SHe is now over the headache and pain is gone. Her fever is broke, the vomiting and diarrhea is gone. She was admitted on Saturday night and discharged on tuesday. The results were empty, nothing grew meaning she didn't have bacterial meningitis.

So now we are trying to keep everybody healthy and get life back to normal. But I think normal is only something people tell others to make them selves feel better about their lives being so hectic. There is no such thing as normal.
I will try to blog more often I 've gotten to the point that I am not napping anymore, so I'll try to blog while everybody else is. Although now I am tired and I've missed my chance. Oh well today I am going on an outing I'll have to let ya know how it turned out. Me, Myself and I are going to be taking all 4 kiddies to Costco all by myselff. I hope all goes well

The Life is crazy, Liberty is being home from the hospital and the Pursuit of Happiness is what I do all day everyday!!!

1 comment:

Rawlings Family said...

Sorry its taken so long for me to read and comment. I'm glad everything went well in the hospital. Have a Merry Christmas.