Monday, April 6, 2009

A Week To Remember!!!

We had a really fun experiance house this last week. I had just gotten the kids dressed and was sitting on the floor to do Michaella's hair, Max came up behind me and asked if he could do my hair. I said of course you can and handed hin the brush. Then he asked " Mommy can I cut your hair?" Sure Max I replied. Then I felt a little tugging and pulling, not thinking very much of it I continued to do Michaella's hair. Then I hear " UH OH" I turned around and Max was holding two HUGE hand fulls of my hair and there is a bunch of hair on the ground. The look on Max's face was enough to tell me he really didn't mean to do anything and he was really worried that I was going to freak out at him. I tried so hard not to. Then I had the thought it's only hair and this could be a learning experiance of a life time. So I just took a deep breath and had a good talk with Max. It was my fault anyways, I was the one that left the scissors down in his reach and I did tell him he could cut my hair. It was really funny actually. He took two really big chunks out of the back and it had to be cut really short. I kind of like it actually, it really doesn't need a lot of maintance, it's really easy to do and different. Mike thinks it looks cute, but he likes me with longer hair more. I think I'll keep it like this for a little while just because it works well considering I really don't take the time to do my hair. Most of the time I just put it in a pony tail - it's a really nice change. I would post a picture but I haven't had one taken yet and my hair isn't done yet so that will have to wait. I know I always say that, but this time I really mean it.

For my April Fools joke this year I had a really hard time deciding what to do. The only thing I could come up with was to tell everyone we were pregnant. I figured most people would believe it considering how close the kids are already. I had so many people congratulate us tell us they were excited for us. But when we told everybody it was only a joke, I had 25 people telling us we were crazy and they were totally shocked. Nobody even realized it was a joke. It was kind of fun, but on the other hand I get really sick of people saying that we are crazy because they wouldn't be able to handle the kids so close and more no less. I really wish I could say just because you couldn't handle it doesn't mean we can't. we have actually started to think it's kind of funny to see how many comments we get saying "Wow, you sure are busy" or " you really have your hands full", "You've got the whole clan together today" we are trying to change our attitudes and remember people will always have their comments on how we live our lives, but they are ours to live and choose how to live them.
Ok so there was my rampage - now I'm done.

General Conference was great what little of it we were able to hear, luckly we can read everything later. I really love conference time, because we are able to go to church in our PJ's in our living room. I'm just glad that in October Max will be able to watch more of it with us and actually have the patience and attention span to pay attention and play little games with it.
Like Mike's dad always says,
The Church is TRUE and Don't do bad stuff!

1 comment:

Pressett Family said...

Post a picture of yourself! I really want to see it. I bet you look amazing!
Stasha