Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Better Late Than Not At All

Well I am SOOOOOOO sorry for not posting for so long, life has just been to busy. As a fast recap :
We are in the process of buying our first home YEAH !!!!!! What an experiance that has been. Very nerve racking in deed.
Christmas has been wonderful, I love our growing family. I love how big the kids are getting and how they are grasping onto every concept. I am truely in the happiest time of my life so far, I love watching Mike and the kids playing and teaching the kids new things - lately he's been teaching M1 and M2 the proper way of packing their toys. So that's their new trick is packing every toy they have.

In October we had a VERY bad experiance. Rusty stood up and supported his weight on the glass of the fireplace. He burned both of his hands very very badly. He had 3rd degree burns on 90% of his right hand palms and fingers. His left hand wasn't as much but still badly burned. I rushed him to Primary Childrens, I was very blessed that my mom was working at that time because she was able to have somebody take her shift and come down to help us. Mike met us at the hospital and gave Rusty a blessing. After the Dr. looked at his hands they sent us to the U of U burn unit, they had the head honcho director came and looked at Rusty, cut the blisters that had formed to see the severity while I was having to hold Rusty down. This was SOOO hard for me, not only this day but after this I had to change Rusty's bandages 3x's daily and stratch his hands which was extremely painful for the little man. It was a really hard experiance for us all emotional as well as a wonderful teaching oppertunity for the other kids. The teaching began with the blessing. Rusty's burns were bad enough that we went in to have his pre- op appointment to have both hands have skin grafts. When we went in to the appt. the Dr. said that the burns were "looking like they might be thinking about turning a cornor" and they wanted to wait for a few days. When we went back the Head Honcho came in again and said " this isn't right" WHAT you can't say that are you kidding me, I bet you could only imagine what was going through my mind. "His burns are healed !!!" Huh ?????? Rusty's burns were totally healed - BLESSINGS WORK THE GOSPEL IS AMAZING !!!!!!! Now he has a pressure glove for his right hand to help control the scaring and I stretch his hands about 3-5 times a day for about 10 minutes each hand. He is doing wonderfully.
We are so grateful for the gospel and the power of healing and love.
The babies are now 16 months old and I don't know how that happened. They are crawling all over.
As we are buying our home we are going to have a shift in jobs. Obviously I am not doing a sufficient job in keeping up our blog. Mike will be doing weekly updates ( while on his way to work) while I will be doing some as well the main responsibility will be his :) Well we'll see he might just help me and remind me to do it more often !!
We are very blessed to have friends and family like you who support us and THAT is my New Years Resolution to keep up our blog better so we may keep in touch. Because I love to read yours.

oh by the way pictures and more surprises to come !!!!!!!

1 comment:

Pressett Family said...

Wow, that is so sad about Rusty. Taree burned her hand on a fireplace 2-3 weeks ago it was bad but not that bad. Sad, I hate when babies get hurt. It kind of tears you apart in ways huh? Well I am so glad he is doing better, thank heavens for blessings. I really believe that Heavenly Father looks out for his little ones and they often are little miracles.
I am excited you are buying a home, totally jealous! Good luck with everything in that department and CONGRATS!!