Last week we got the not so good news that my Grandpa was diagnosed with Multiple Mylenoma ( cancer of the Bones). This is a very serious type of cancer it's almost untreatable. The Doctor wants to start radiation and Chemo. But as he is 86 this December, we are hoping that he doesn't do the treatments. That may sound bad, but having radiation and chemo will more likely make him very sick and (since there is no other way to say this ) they will probably kill him. He isn't in any pain or having any side effects, he is better off. this has been such hard news to take in, but at the same time it really explaines a lot of his past health problems. He has really bad back problems and had surgery putting 2 rods in along side his spine (quite a few years ago ) as well as bad knee problems.
As you can imagine it has been a very stressful and emotional time for my family. Expecially for me, my Grandpa is the only one I know. My Dads parents died when he was 13 and 15. So my grandpa has been double special to me. It's been hard for everybody in my family of course. We aren't even sure exactly how severe of stage it is, but I'm sure the news will not be very exciting. The worst part of everything is that my mom went down to Price last Wednesday through Saturday. That was the first time my mom went to Price without me since the day she drove down to pick me up from school in May 2002. Crazy Huh!!! The hard part of that was that was that I wasn't able to visit and support my grandparents. Mike and I are going to be planning a trip down soon, so grandma and grandpa can meat Abbey and Rusty.
This has been a very hard 2 weeks for me. My emotions are a mess, I am crying a lot more than I ever did with Max and Michaella . I think the reason for that is they were sleeping in there own rooms and through the night by this time and I'm not expecting Abbey or Rusty to do that anytime soon, because they are so small still. And the news with my grandparents is hard as well. I am just so very grateful for the blessings of the gospel and knowing that we are going to see grandpa in the eternities eases the pain, but it's still hard to remember that there is a season and a time for everything.
On a lighter note,
Max is doing a very good job at school. He loves it and doing a better job getting on the bus.
Michaella is really loving him being gone, she loves having mommy almost completely to herself.
Abbey and Rusty are doing well, they are sleeping in 4 hour blocks through the night- very good news for mommy and daddy. Except Abbey grunts like crazy and Rusty Squeks just as bad. We love it during the day, it's totally hillarious to hear them "talking" to each other. But at night oh my gosh it's so loud and I'm ready to have them sleep in there own room. PROBLEM with that though. They are going to be sharing a room with Michaella, but i don't want them keeping her awake. Hmmmm we'll have to figure this one out. We'll just have to wait until they are a bit bigger to go in there room.
Here's a peice of news ...... I think I'm getting sick. UGH I can't afford to get a cold or the flu. I have a sore throat and lets hope it stays that way. Well that's all that is new for us.
Oh by the way Mike went back to work.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I'm glad Max is thriving in school and that Michaella is having fun having Mommy more to herself!
I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather. *hug* Chris's mom had the same kind of cancer as your grandfather, so we know a bit about what that's like.
You guys are in our prayers!
I'm sorry Kim. It really stinks to see loved ones hurting.
Kim--here's the link I was telling you about. Looks like there's not much in Utah, alas, but I thought I'd send it anyway, in case someone you know might want to take a look! http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/museum-search/?state=Utah
Post a Comment