Monday, March 26, 2012

EXCITING NEWS

MARK'S ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right you read it correctly,my brother Mark IS GETTING MARRIED!!!! They haven't set a date yet, but the WHOLE family is super excited. I worked with Michelle the photography studio and the rest is history. They are so cute and very perfect for each other. In other happenings, I am not working for the above said studio anymore :( I'm really sad about it but it just isn't the right time for me in my life right now. It was very difficult to find a babysitter and when I got to work I was so flustered by getting babysitter getting everything ready and worrying about the kids I was not able to give my best at work. It wasn't fair to them that I wasn't giving my all and that's NOT good enough for me. We also strongly believe that the main reason I got this job was to introduce Michelle and Mark. I love the people there and miss the friendships but it just isn't right timing. Maybe again someday I will be able to get into photography at the level I want to, but now isn't it.

HOLY CRAP NEWS!!! On Saturday Max and I were sitting down watching a movie together during naptime, and out of the blue he asks very casually: Max: "Mom, is this where babies come from" pointing to his bumb after a brief silent scream and panic attack I casually answer back Me: Well kind of, why do you ask Max: Because a friend at school said there is a hole and that's where baby's come out. Is it the same place the poop comes out because that's just gross. Me: well there is a special opening or hole where they come out it's separate from where your poop comes out. We then went into a little more detail of correct anatomical names (which we have talked about before)then I asked if he had anymore questions he said no and that was that. But to me it wasn't just that, it made me start to think of 10 million things and how to talk to them about sex and everything that goes with that. I'm SO NOT ready for my babies to be old enough to be talking about that. I do know we want to keep it open questions and casual sex talks and not over react (in front of them)so they will be comfortable coming to us about things like that BUT STILL HE'S ONLY 6! AHHHHHHHHHHH

On a lighter note: I gave the R.S. lesson this Sunday. It was on Children From the November Ensign. It was a wonderful article. But I would like to share an article that was mentioned to my mom and she mentioned it to me. IT IS THE MOST AMAZING TALK I THINK I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!! Whether you are a member or not please take a second to read it.   HERE    It honestly will help you feel better about struggling with everyday battles with the kids.
We are also starting the process of fact finding process as we call it for a new house. I found the layout I think I like we know the area we want to live in but we are definitely taking our time. The biggest hurdle right now is deciding if we want to sell our house or keep it as a rental. We've done a lot and put Money into the house and in this market we aren't sure if we will get out of it what we put into it. That is the hurdle we need to clear next is that BIG decision - any advice on this topic is very welcome!

And that in a nut shell was our week ...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yay! Congratulations to Mark!

I had to laugh at your conversation with Max. We had some similar conversations with Nora when she found my book about giving birth - "Mom, is this lady pooping out a baby?"