Well, since my last post a lot has happened. I went to the Dr. and got some medicine to fix my allergic reaction that I can take while I am still nursing. Good News! So that is slowly getting better thank goodness. Everybody is getting over their colds, Abbey and Rusty are taking the longest to get over it. That is because they can't blow their nose so I am still having to suction them, and of course they love that so much.
The big DELEMA
My big delema was about nursing. With babies if you ever want them to take a bottle you need to start it before 6 weeks or it's much harder and with my other 2 they wouldn't take it. For most it's no big deal all you'd do is just pump one extra time a day. With twins I don't have enough milk to pump. Just enough to feed the babies, if your a mom you'd say if you pump your body will produce more. True but if I pump I am taking milk from the babies - your body only produces enough milk to replenish every 2 hours . Anywhoo I really didn't want to give the babies formula because I am dense and emotional. Formula is just fine - What in the world is my problem... I'm a real work of art sometimes. So what is the resolution you ask????
To stop being stupid!!!!!
At the middle of the night feeding Mike bottle feeds the babies 4 ounces of formula each and I pump the same amount. Interesting fact: The babies are now eating about 8 times a day at 4 ounces each that's 64 oz. I really am a cow now hehehe
Ok so back to the story, now we have a freezer full of milk ( and it's only been a week ) and now I feel more comfortable leaving the babies to go on a date and leave the kids and the babies, if they get hungry no biggie there is milk in the freezer. But the resolution creates another problem - freezer space. Thank goodness my parents as well as Mike's both have deep freezers. YEAH I can turn their freezers into a dairy freezer, hehehe I'll just have to make a little space and come up with a funny saying so everyone will know what is in there. Any ideas?
Last Tuesday was Picture day at Max's school and you could take siblings. Max took the bus to school and thanks to the High Heavens for moms and grandma's I wouldn't have made it with out my mom, oh by the way it was Max's turn for show and tell of course he wanted to take the babies and Michaella - that morning my mom came over and helped. We bathed Michaella and the babies. First Michaella got in the tub with Abbey. My mom washed Abbey and handed her out to me I dried her, lotioned her and dressed her while my mom was washing Michaella. Then I handed her a naked Rusty she washed Rusty while I dressed Michaella and did her head. Then Nana handed me Rusty to dry, lotionand dress. While my mom got up and dryed herself off. If you've ever bathed a 2 year old you know your just as wet as they are.
We went to Preschool, as soon as we got there Max sharted to go crazy and act out, I started to stress out until Miss Theresa ( his teacher ) said that was totally normal. We did the whole show and tell thing then finished class with them. Then we went to get Michaella's pictures taken. IT was 12:15 at this point. We stood in line had everything ready including a happy smiling Michaella. When it was our turn I was excited to see how she'd do. Ok here we go ...... NOT
the photographer said we had to wait until 1:30 for siblings. There was no word of that!!! AAHH are you kidding me. I just about died, so we waited and waited and waited. One of the longest hours of my life trying to keep everybody happy and quiet. I ended up having to feed Abbey and Rusty while we were there as well. I would have TOTALLY died with out my mom. I really hate having to ask for her help so much, she doesn't get to enjoy being a grandma because she is having to be a mom the Max ans Michaella, but the end of that is coming soon ( Todd's wedding is the LAST day ) that's a whole nother story for a different day.
Well this has been a long blog. I'll have to post soon because I have more to tell you about :
Our outing to This is the Place Monument, Michaella's first haircut, Preperations for Todd's wedding and the everyday craziness of our new lives.
Oh by the way, We got our family pictures and the newborn pictures of Abbey and Rusty done. Check them out at www.melissapapajphotography.smugmug.com Gallery Twins Password wynder They look really nice I love them.
Well I'm going to go give Max and the babies a bath and then maybe I can take one myself andmaybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to wash my hair and even... ( are you ready make sure your sitting down) Shave my legs. GASP!!! I know can you believe it. I can actually reach my legs to do it mow, I just haven't had the time maybe if I am lucky today will be the day.
I'll keep you posted
HeHeHe
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Everytime someone opens the freezer door you should have a sound of a cow. MOOOOO!!! ha ha
I hope all is going well, it sounds like you are keeping plenty busy. I love the MOOOO idea, I pumped for 6 months with Zach and I truly felt like a cow being milked every time.
Take care,
Cheryl
Wow Mike,
Congrats on the twins! And I thought I had a lot of kids! You just passed me up.
It's crazy to see all of us married with kids! It looks like you are doing great. Your kids are adorable.
Hey Kimmer Babe!
Good luck with all that! You are an amazing little mommy! Keep up the good work!
Love ya,
your cousins- Jon and Stasha
Post a Comment