Well, today is my Mom's BIG day ! At the beginning of the year once I realized that it was a BIG birthday for her this year, I started thinking about what kind of party we were going to throw for her. I wanted to do a big open house with lots of friends, and people that she hasn't seen in years as well as people she saw yesterday. Then we found out I was pregnant and it wasn't a big deal because the "baby" wouldn't be due until September. So on with the Party plans. YEAH party!!! I thought we'd have a BIG disneyland themed party - that sounds dumb, but I'd do it in a more adult way. And for her big gift we ( the whole ) family would be going to disneyland in December for Christmas celebration and BIG party celebration. Doesn't that sound fun - Oh the biggest part of the deal is at that point my mom had NEVER been to disneyland, so it would be perfect. I called my Dad and Mark (my Bro.) to let them in on my BRILLIANT plan to hear them say I love that Idea but mom is going to Disneyland with some gals from work in April (at this time it was march). WAA BAM that was shot down faster than I ever could imagined. I was SO bumbed it was the perfect idea.
So I thought I'd keep plugin' along on the idea's. Before I knew it, it was April 22nd my mom was in Disneyland having the greatest time of her life and we were sitting in the Ultrasonographer's office waiting to see the Flavor of THE BABY ( thinking there was not a chance in the world there would be more than one ) we come out beyond dumb founded.
If you want to hear the ultrasound story just leave me a comment, I don't
remember if I've written that before.
So knowing that I'd be on bedrest as of July 1 and the babies might not even make it to Aug. 11, the BIG party idea was completely squashed. I'm releaved to know my mom doesn't care about her b-day, she always said it's just another day, but who can HONESTLY say I don't want someone to make a big deal about me and truely see who cares about me and see those whose lives I've touched in one way or another. I know it's embarrassing to have EVERYTHING all about you, but what fun would it be to see and reconnect with those you haven't seen in like 15 years.
So enough about birthday ideas because today is the day and to make it a little bit more special for Birthday cake we had triple berry cheesecake rather than plane old birthday cake.
Or as I said a sophisticated cake for a sophisticated birthday!!!
Baby Update ~
I'm still the barn rather than the cow. We have a non-stress test scheduled for Friday 15th and contuing contractions everynight, but nothing that lasts very long or would require us to go to the hospital. It's got to be somewhat close though, I'm not sure how much more my skin can stretch before exploding like an overblown balloon.
Notice I never said my mom's age, but I'm sure you can make a guess considering it's a MASSIVE DAY in my opinion.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment