Well we went to the Doctors yesterday
I gained 5 pounds in 5 days - HOLY COW !!!!!
I am dilated to 1cm - Means absolutly NOTHING considering this is my
3rd pregnancy and I am pregnant with twins.
I had my NST ( Non - Stress Test ) they monitor the babies heart beats
to make sure they increase with movement and contractions,
as well as monitor the amniotic fluids at LDS Hospital.
They both passed with flying colors, but Rusty is very stubborn
already. It took us for ever to get the monitor on him, then he'd
move, and we had to start all over. Mike ended up holding the
monitor on him the whole time while I was holding my belly so he
couldn't move.
I am dilated to 1cm - Means absolutly NOTHING considering this is my
3rd pregnancy and I am pregnant with twins.
I had my NST ( Non - Stress Test ) they monitor the babies heart beats
to make sure they increase with movement and contractions,
as well as monitor the amniotic fluids at LDS Hospital.
They both passed with flying colors, but Rusty is very stubborn
already. It took us for ever to get the monitor on him, then he'd
move, and we had to start all over. Mike ended up holding the
monitor on him the whole time while I was holding my belly so he
couldn't move.
BIG SHOCK !!!!!!!!
THE BABIES ARE BOTH HEAD DOWN !!!!!! We thought that was
pretty much impossible at this point.
Thank goodness they both are vertex ( head down ) that opens so many more doors for us, I may not have to have a c-section. But they can still move at this point. It really explaines the painful movements I've had lately.
We had our NST done at the Maternal- Fetal Medicine office at LDS. You walk into a big rooom with chairs set up as if you were going to be donating blood. They dump about a half of a tube of gooey K-Y like transmitting jelly on your massive belly, do a limited ultrasound ( to find the positions of the babies and the hearts ) strap on the fetal heart monitors. One for each baby and another one to monitor contractions. Then you sit very uncomfortably while they take an ECG (Electrocardiogram ) of the babies hearts. BUT ALAS they have to have both babies monitoring at the same time for a full 20 minutes. Yeah like that's really going to happen. The appointment was scheduled for only 30 minutes we were there a full hour trying to keep both babies still and on the monitor. Imagine this : Little me ( A turtle with the head on backwards) sitting in this huge chair I could barely get into, knees raised to the height of my chest slightly bent Mike holding one monitor, the nurse holding the other and me holding my belly for 20 minutes to keep both babies still yet awake and responsive. Sound fun HUH!!! Actually it was nice to see the heart beats and contractions. During this 1 hour I had 3 real contractions and a few Braxton - Hicks (practice contractions).
The reason for these tests:
To make sure the babies are getting enough oxygen, they aren't stressing when they move and during contractions. Also like I mentioned above to monitor the amniotic fluid ( the fluid that surrounds the babies) if there isn't enough fluid it causes strain in the umbillical cord, which is the only source of nutrients as well as oxygen to the baby. BIG PROBLEM !!!
That sounds like I'm writting a paper for a mid-term medical class. hehehe Sorry.
NEGOTIATIONS BEGIN :
Since the stress test results were good. I will be having those weekly, as well as my regular poke and prod Dr. appointments. The Dr. said he would like me to go until 37 weeks that puts us into September. NOT A CHANCE ! I asked if I could bargain one to one and a half weeks. That would mean an August baby ( hoping the last day being August 28, 2008, I think it has a ring to it.) He said he can't induce at 36 weeks, BUT at 36 weeks I can take things into my own hands, and for those of you who've had babies you know there is really only one way to induce pregnancy. And for those who don't know.... It's the reason I'm pregnant in the first place.
I'll make sure to take some pictures on our next appointment.
VERY CUTE MAX MOMENT
The other day I was having a glass of chocolate milk. Of course Max and Michaella wanted a drink, I didn't want to share but I knew I had to. To be a good example UGH that's the unfortunate part of being a mom. So I said it was Rusty and Abbey's drink and they are sharing, so we need to remember to share with them when they come. They both took a small drink. Max came up to me lifted up my shirt gave my belly a hug and a kiss on each side ( one for each baby) and said " Thank you Ruddy / Babby " and walked away as if it were nothing. Michaella came up to me and tried to do the same. Doesn't that just about make you cry. So sweet, precious, and darn near the cutest thing they've done in a long time.
It's those moments you couldn't pay me enough to change my life.







No comments:
Post a Comment