Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oh My, What A Day

Well we went to the doctors again, although yesterday was a bit different experiance. I had anouther non-stress test an ultrasound with a Neonatoligist and my regular appt. with Dr. L.
First was the NST it went surprizingly well. Both babies were very well behaved, they both held still and continued to keep in the same place for the test so instead of taking 1 1/2 hours it only took about an hour from when we walked into the room until we left.

Then was the ultrasound, it was a little different than our last ultrasounds. We walked in to this large room with about 50-100 different bound books of medical journals and articles and a large TV mounted on the wall and relaxing low lighting. It was nice, we had a ultrasonographer come in and do the exam taking measurements and finding positionings and such. Then the Neonatologist came in and did his own exam. Checking the hearts and lungs.

Abbey weighs 6lbs. 1oz. and her heart and lungs look really really good. She is positioned head down still.
Rusty weighs 5 lbs. 4 oz. exactly 10 oz less than Abbey ( he has weighed 10 oz less every ultrasound we've had since the beginning) His heart and lungs look wonderful as well. He is positioned Breech ( head up) and has Abbey's foot against his head.
Who knows what position he'll be in when I go into labor.

Then off to the Dr.'s. I hadn't gained any weigh - doesn't really matter because last week I gained 5 lbs. in 5 days. Dr. Langland examined me and said that I was dilated to 2 and I forgot to ask about the effacement. He said that if I went into labor this week he wouldn't stop labor, but he wasn't going to induce until 37-38 weeks.

So the time that he would induce me would be on my birthday or Max's first day at preschool !!! What crappy timing is that. It sounds selfish but I really want the babies to have their own birthday. It's goingto be hard enough trying to keep their day special and I really don't want them to get mixed up in the 6 other b-days we have in the first 2 weeks of September. That's why I wanted an Aug. b-day. The worst part of the appointment is Dr. Reiser would sit down ask me how I was doing and actually listen to what I had to say and try to make me feel better. Dr. Landeland just isn't the same, he didn't really listen. Well actually he wasn't listening at all. I know it's better for them to stay in a little longer, but I'd also be happy having them born Aug. 31st. I really was dissapointed in the lack of information and lack of what I'd call bed side mannor he had. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but come on I'm a turtle laying on my back upside down in it's shell. I think I deserve a little I don't know something.

Sorry about that rampage, I'm still frusturated ( like you couldn't tell by now ). Sorry again
I know the babies will come on their own terms and that will be better for them. I'm just not sure how much bigger I can get and continue to be sane.

Next time I post I PROMISE I'll be in a better more cheerful mood, but thanks for "listening".

Thanks to all those who send me little notes of encouragement.
And expecially to Marianne - your right this is the only chance in my life I'll be able to feel like a supermodel. Not like I'll look like one but who cares! ;)

1 comment:

The Spicers said...

Sounds like things are going well! Even though the Doc wasn't exactly showing you the best bedside manor. Sometimes I think the Docs that get a little snippy are worse than the ones that have a little less tact with bedside manor, so don't worry! Anyways the story about Max & mic sharing chocolate milk with the "twins" was fabulous! It made me smile! Hope that the twins come soon! (For your sake!)