Saturday, August 2, 2008

Latest Baby News

PREVIOUS BLOG ADDITION !!!!!!!!!!
Ok so Dan and Kim Black and their son Carter were there as well as Matt and Brooke Nelson and Blake their son were there. And for some reason my computer and camera aren't talking and I can't get those pictures. Sorry Guys
Baby news update~
We went to the Dr.'s yesterday ( Friday ). The Doctor said that the babies are still transverse ( sideways ) I was sure they would check to see if I was dialating and effacing. Nope they didn't they said they don't do that until I am 35 weeks. Funny number huh! Considering that he ( my Dr. ) said he hopes I go until 35 weeks. 35 will be August 17th, when my next appointment is. I have scheduled a non-stress test as well as a regular appointment.
Funny enough as I am writing this i have had a few contractions. I don't think I am beginning the first stage of labor, I am hoping that it was just dinner. We had Cafe Rio tonight - we haven't had that in over at least a year. I have no idea what is to come. The somewhat comforting part is normal gestation for twins is between 33 - 35 weeks. Today I am officially 33 weeks.
The Dr.'s say once I am having contractions consistantly every 7 min. that's my que to go to the hospital, they'll do another ultrasound in the hospital and we'll go from there.
I have had the relization that the babies will wind up in the NICU anywhere from a few minutes to days. I have no idea what to expect on that part. The good thing is that I have a cousin that had a baby in the LDS hospital NICU for 3 months so she knows everybody and knows the reigns, she said if there are any conserns or questions that she'll help us by being the tuff guy that poss. mike and I won't be able to be.
Well that's enough of this novel as Mike put it, but yet again thanks again for "listening" to me pour out my fears and worries.

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

Hey, he was in the NICU for just having a little infection. But if you go back really far on my blog, Cecilia was born at 27 weeks and was 2 lbs. She was in there for 64 days. It is hard, but it gives you time to recover and get things ready. As long as you have good nurses and doctors you should be fine. Just remember that they are your babies and you can pretty much do what you want with them. Don't let the nurses tell you otherwise. It takes up a lot of your time, and it is hard when you have older kids, but you just do what you can. Don't stress about being up there all day, they are being taken care of and of course take lots of pictures. if you want have anymore questions send me a message on facebook. I would be happy to answer anything, I was pretty much an expert at the end of our stay!!